BASIC CHAPLAINCY CERTIFICATE COURSE FOR DICCI/UCSNY AFRICAN REGION
- To Train and Equip the Clergy and Laity Professionally on the Discipline and Practice of Chaplaincy Service.
The entire course is geared towards enhancing and fully developing the total CHAPLAIN with a view to orientating him towards a militarised conscience in discipline, work ethics and kingdom mindedness. As a result, the following will be covered in four divisions:
- Understanding Chaplaincy
- Priestly Duties of a Chaplain
- Law Enforcement and Military Concepts
- The Chaplain in Public Service.
At the end of the course the cadet would have been prepared in the way of the pastor, military and law enforcement and healthcare assistance. The end result is the cadet will be able to offer chaplain care under various required situations.
Course duration: 12 weeks. Four hours a week course held on Saturdays for Regular Cadets and/or as arranged for Special Commissioning. Three hours dedicated to class lectures, one hour dedicated to practical military parade and practical healthcare training giving a total of 68 credit hours in all.
Online Cadets will work with their course supervisors to determine duration for completion.
- Who is a Chaplain
- History of Chaplaincy
- Characteristics of a Good Chaplain / Chaplain Discipline
- The chaplain and the church
PRIESTLY DUTIES OF THE CHAPLAIN
- Chaplain in Counselling
- Chaplain in Hospital Ministry
- The Chaplain in Police and Prisons Ministries.
- The Chaplain in Performing Sacraments
LAW ENFORCEMENT AND MILITARY CONCEPTS
- Communications, Patrol and Surveillance
- Conflict Resolution / Laws of War
- History of the Nigerian army / Security
CHAPLAINCY IN PUBLIC SERVICE
- Chaplain in Public and Human Relations
- Crisis Management
- Emergency Response
- The Chaplain Ambassador / The Chaplain in the Market Place (The Corporate Chaplain)
THE POLICE CHAPLAIN BASIC TRAINING PROGRAM.
- Introduction to law enforcement chaplaincy
- Death notification
- Stress management
- Ceremonies & events
- Confidentiality and legal liability
- Responding to a crisis
- Law enforcement family
- Substance abuse
- Officer injury or death
- Sensitivity and diversity
REGULAR COURSE 68 CREDITS TOTAL = N240,000 | $800
SPECIAL COMMISSIONING 68 CREDITS = N350,000 | $1000
ONLINE (CHARGE PER COURSE DIVISION) N60,000 TOTAL N240,000 OR $200 PER COURSE DIVISION AND $800 TOTAL
NOTE THAT THE FEE INCLUDES TWO SETS OF UNIFORMS (WHITE – CEREMONIAL AND BLACK – PROTOCOL) OTHER ITEMS SUCH AS OFFICIAL SHOES AND P-CAP CAN BE PURCHASED FROM THE SECRETARIAT
COMMISSIONING IS AS DISCUSSED AND ARRANGED WITH THE NATIONAL COMMAND.